The Romanian Smart City Association organized on Sunday, December 20th, 2020, the 5th edition of the Smart City Industry Awards Gala, the award ceremony for people, institutions and companies that have contributed to the development of communities in Romania throughout this year full of challenges and became champions of this gala.
Although, for the first time in its 5 years of existence the event has taken place online, the Smart City Industry Awards Gala managed to bring together the most important figures of the Smart City Industry in Romania, MEPs, mayors of large municipalities, CEO of some of the largest companies on the national market or representatives of academia.
The Champions of the 10 special awards of the Romanian Smart City Association:
- Special award for the contribution to Romania and for the vision of developing the smart mobility in Europe
Winner: Adina Vălean, European Commissioner for Transport
- Best Smart City Project
Winner: City Hall of Sector 4, Bucharest, Mayor Daniel Băluță
- Mayor of the Year 2020
Winner: Emil Boc, Mayor of Cluj-Napoca Municipality
- CEO of the Year
Winner: Andrei Militaru, CEO of Network One Distribution
- Most Active Member of the Year
Winner: Dell Technologies, Valentina Frângu, Sales Manager
- Best Smart Village Project
Winner: Ciugud City Hall
- Partner of the year
Winner: Institute for Freedom and Democracy, President Cristian David
- Best Smart City Company
- City Manager of the Year
Winner: Dorin Apahidean, city manager of Turda Municipality, Cluj County
- Best Mass Media Supporter
Winners: Bursa Newspaper and Business Review
Smart City Ambassador
Winner: Mihai Chirica, Mayor of Iași Municipality
The Champions of the 6 categories awarded by the SCIA 5 jury:
- Best Smart Mobility Project – Turda City Hall, Mayor Cristian Octavian Matei, for becoming the first city in Romania with “100% electric public transport”
- Best Smart Governance Project – Romanian Digitalization Authority, President Sabin Sărmaș, for the “Centralized Software Platform for Digital Identification – PSCID” project
- Best Smart Economy Project – Oracle, for the “Oracle for Start-Ups” project
- Best Smart Environment Project – Continental Automotive Romania, CEO Christian von Albrichsfeld, for the “Innovative Energy Generation System at the automotive headquarters in Timisoara” project
- Best Smart Living Project – Câmpia Turzii City Hall, Mayor Dorin Nicolae Lojigan, SecurifAI, CEO Valeriu Filip and Orange Romania for the “Security system based on artificial intelligence in Câmpia Turzii Municipality” project
- Best Smart Citizen Project – Auchan Romania and Leroy Merlin for the “Medical Support Units – New Bucharest and Cluj Polyvalent Hall” project
Social Innovators Awards – a category created in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Asseco SEE for the implementation of the “Digital Signature” project within the City Hall of District 4 of Bucharest
- Smart Infrastructures – Sixense, CEO Mariana Gârștea, for the “Design services, execution of works and monitoring services for monitoring the behavior of the construction over time for the investment objective National Rugby Stadium Arc de Triomphe” project
- Discover Constanța Association – “SOS Constanta – Helpline” campaign
- Hospice Casa Speranței for the “#Wemakeroom for them too” campaign
- Up Romania for the introduction of the first cards in Romania with payment based on facial recognition
- Vegacomp Consulting – “Radiography of Smart City projects in Romania”
- Act For Tomorrow for the “We Act for Water – A.P.A.” program
- E-Government Solutions for the support provided to the Romanian public administrations during the COVID-19 pandemic
Dozens of friends and partners were with ARSC at this anniversary edition, expressing their appreciation and wishing a warm “Happy Birthday!” to the event. The Special Guests of the Smart City Industry Awards Gala 2020 were: Andrei Carabelea, Mayor of Piatra Neamț City; Ivan Vuković, Mayor of Podgorica City, Montenegro; Radu Puchiu, Co-Founder, H.appy Cities; Maria Țoghină, Journalist, Radio România; Francesco D’Ambrosio, Managing Partner, Daco Energy; Constantin Tomescu, Smart Governance Expert; Cornel Bertea Hanganu, Founder `Școala fără Șomeri`; Zorina Plesca, Owner, Enjoy Marketing; Alexandru Coita, CEO, Ganes; Raul Apostoiu, Local Council of Sibiu City and David Coyne, Owner, EasyDo Digital Technologies.
Partners of the event: Dell Technologies, Orange Romania, Network One Distribution, Asseco SEE, Up Romania, ArcelorMittal, Sixense, BMF Group, Dewatering & Silent Piling.
Support partners: Association of Romanian Localities (ACOR), Bucharest Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIB), Romanian Fiber Optic Association (AFOR), National Confederation for Female Entrepreneurship (CONAF), Association for Entrepreneurial Education, Association for Information Technology and Communications in Romania (ATIC), Association of Structural Design Engineers (AICPS), National Association of Entrepreneurs.
Media partners: Bursa, Business Review, Agerpres, Business Journal, Careers Magazine, the Economist, the Financial, Trenchless România, Construction Machinery and Equipment, MATEK, Cluj24, the West Day and the Voice of Oltenia.
More details about the SCIA 2020 winners, you can read here: Champions of SCIA5 – 2020.