WSCO is the only global organization bringing together governments, city halls, universities, companies, international organizations, at the highest level with the same interests – the development of the largest community of smart cities in the world.
Since its creation, The World Smart Cities Organization is the only Global Organization with an essential roll in the sustainable development of the communities across the globe. From governments to cities and from civil society to academia we turn vision into reality. Offering a global vision, while valuing national particularities of each country or region, we provide the best common best practices study cases, global expertise and we support cities and nations to implement smart cities solutions.
74 % of our experts have more than 15 years of expertise in their respective fields, while the other 26% have 5 to 10 years of experience. They come from different countries, different regions and different cities. However, they all have the common vision provided by our organization.
Through our Trusted Partners Program and our valuable members, we cover all the areas in Smart City and we only advise upon trusted solutions. While innovative is challenging and may offer an immediate response to certain challenges, we prefer the safe approach. Therefore, we test and try our trusted partners and make sure they are able to meet all requirements.
Our Goals and Vision
- Developing Creative-Intelligent Communities and Smart City Development;
- Promoting Smart City concepts;
- Educating decision makers on Smart City concepts;
- Protecting the rights of its members and representing their interests in relation to local and central authorities;
- Strengthening legislation for better development of urban centers – identifying legislative vulnerabilities that can lead to diminishing or stopping the implementation of programs needed by local communities;
- Create the networking and business channels needed to present Smart City products and services;
- Promoting the interests of national communities in relation to European or Global authorities;
- Participation in the work of the Specialized Commissions in the European Parliament on promoting easier legislation and helping communities development;
- Conducting studies and specialized works on the sustainable development of local communities;
#BuildMyCity is a global initiative set up by WSCO, in partnership with prestigious institutions around the world – Governments, Universities, Companies, Cities, Industry Experts and Visionaries.
The main objective of the organization is to promote the development of intelligent and creative communities and urban initiatives across the globe, to help and support cities that are under implementation or those that are at the beginning. Our projects, regardless of region or country, promote the integration of sustainable smart solutions, but especially the creation of a community around the project.
We have expertise in PPP project development, we know how to finance Smart City projects and, above all, know-how to transfer knowledge from a replicable success project – we identify and promote best practices, lessons and experiences across smart cities.